Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11: A day to remember OR a Day to get TV ratings?


When i woke up this morning I knew it was the the 6 year anniversary of 9/11. I took a moment of silence and prayed for those who lost their lives on that dreadful day. Cut to 7 hours later i'm watching 'United 93' on HBO. I also noticed SHOWTIME was playing 'World Trade Center.' I kept 'United 93' playing on my television in the background but it definately bothered me that they would be showing this movie at least two times today. Was there really a need to show these flicks on the actual day that the events took place? People are trying to mourn for their loved ones. They don't want to watch a re-enactment of the tragedies that changed their lives forever starring Nic Cage and that dude that was in 'Delirious' with John Candy. In my opinon HBO will air anything on any day, due to their lack of ratings lately. Do I smell a 'The Sopranos' reunion in the next year?? They may need it...

We know the network has hit an all time low if they air 'Pearl Harbor' on Dec. 7th. Only time will tell....

Doug Bass

No comments: